DAVID B. MARSHALL
HOLLY FARM ARABIAN BLOODSTOCK
Address: Harmans Road, Leeston,
Christchurch 7681 NEW ZEALAND
Ph/Fax + 64 (0) 3 324 3727 Mobile: + 64 (0) 274 HOLLY FARM (+64 27 446 5593)
Webpage: www. hollyfarmnz.com
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Mobile: + 971 (0) 50 7809254
Accomplishment in horsemanship covering training endurance horses, training show halter/saddle/harness horses, breeding and stud management, handling young horses to halter, saddle and harness breaking, general equine health and fitness, national/international transportation of bloodstock, in depth knowledge of Arabian horse pedigrees, bloodlines and bloodstock management.
Owner of HOLLY FARM, a mixed Bloodstock, Agricultural and Pastoral property.
Past President of the New Zealand Arab Horse Breeders Society.
International Judge (Halter and Performance) ‘A’ grade Arabian Halter and Saddle Judge.
Royal Agricultural Society Judge (All Breeds and Performance).
Professional International Horseman.
New Zealand International Endurance Rider.
FEI Official Endurance International CEI*** Judge.
Racing Steward for Emirates Racing Association.
FEI Endurance Official for UAE Racing and Equestrian Federation.
SPECIFIC TO THE SPORT OF ENDURANCE:
First Endurance ride 1978. (Fittest horse). Various horse and rider combinations successfully ridden and supported.
Double International CEI **** 160 km. World Championship Endurance Rider.
FEI Endurance Judge and Stewards Certificate, 1999 & 2004
Four times New Zealand National Silver Buckle 160 km. Rider.
Open Red Card Rider, New Zealand.
Experience in course marking, setting up base and outpost veterinary, start/finish stations.
Experience in strapping, horse care, travel including national & international transportation (USA, UAE, UK, France, Germany, South Africa, Namibia and Australia).
HOLLY FARM related bloodstock have competed consistently well including various New Zealand National Endurance Champions (eg: Apache, Zad El Karim, Ambrose, Kahlim, Taralea Raja) and National Distance Horse of the Year and Leading Lifetime Km. Awards.
Attended the 1998 World Endurance Championships.
Volunteer support at the 1998 World Endurance Championships for New Zealand resulting in Gold Medal Team
Crewing and strapping at the 1998 World Endurance Championships for Japan resulting in Individual Bronze Medal
Crewing and strapping at the 1999 Worlds Most Preferred Ride for Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Canada.
Crewing and strapping for the Al Wathba team at the 1999 Shopping Festival Ride in United Arab Emirates.
1999 FEI Endurance Veterinary, Judge and Stewards course attended in Nanango, Queensland, Australia.
1999 FEI Judge and Stewards Exam qualification Certificate from Nanango, Queensland, Australia.
1999 FEI Judge and Stewards course attended in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Crewing and strapping for the Al Aweer Stables at the 2000 World’s Most Preferred Ride.
Attended/ridden various rides in Australia including the Tom Quilty, Shahzada and FEI rides.
Attended/ridden various rides in South Africa including the 2001, 02, 03 & 04 National 200 km. Championship ‘Fauresmith’.
Attended/ridden various rides in Namibia.
2001 Namibia, Welvis Bay, FEI Foreign Technical Delegate.
2000/01/02/04 United Arab Emirates, FEI Ground Jury and Steward member.
Invited to ride in the 2002 FEI/UAE World Cup Endurance by the Royal Stables of HH The President of the United Arab Emirates.
2002 WEG, World Endurance Championship, Spain. Officiated as a Steward.
Invited to ride in the 2003 FEI/UAE World Cup Endurance by Emirates Endurance Racing Association.
2004 FEI Judge, Stewards and Technical Delegates Course and Exam, Ivory Rock, Peaks Crossing, Queensland, Australia.
Time keeper at Vet Gate.2004 HH The President of UAE, Aust Challenge 80km. (150 entries)
ENDURANCE NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL AWARDS/RECORD
1984 New Zealand National Intermediate 80 km. Championship (5th place).
1984 New Zealand National Best Presented Horse & Rider Award Trophy.
1998 New Zealand National CEI Cat A 160 km. Championship (6th place).
1999 Australia Tom Quilty 100 mile rider, Tasmania.
1999/2000 Holly Farm Team, six horses managed, trained and ridden for the New Zealand endurance season.
2000 South Island Cat. B. 120 km. Championship. (4th place).
2000 New Zealand National Cat. A. 160 km. Championship. (6th place).
2000 New Zealand National Cat. B. 100 km. Championship. (10th place).
2000 New Zealand’s Highest World Ranked FEI rider.
2000 New Zealand National Distance Rider of the Year.
2000 Australian National Championship 160 km. FEI rider. (7th place).
2000 Australia Tom Quilty 100 mile rider, Queensland. Silver Buckle awarded.
2000 Australian Colo Classic 100 km. CEI Cat. B. (8th place).
2000 in Australia two horses managed, trained and ridden for Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club.
2000 in Australia six horses managed, trained and ridden for Turingal Park Arabians.
2000 World Endurance Championships, France. NEW ZEALAND TEAM RIDER.
2000 World Endurance Championships, France. NEW ZEALAND INDIVIDUAL RIDER.
2000 World Endurance Championships, France. Only successful New Zealand rider.
2000 UAE, Seih Al Salam 90 km. CEI Cat B. (11th place).
2001 UAE, 2nd Giants Ride, CEI Cat B. 120 km. (2nd place, Landcruiser 4X4 prize).
2001 UAE World Cup, nominated New Zealand representative horse & rider combination.
2001 South Africa, Alma 116 km. (1st place).
2001 South Africa, Gauteng CEI Cat A. 160 km. Rider.
2002 UAE, Al Wathba Giants Ride. CEI ** 120 km. (7th place).
2002 HH the President of UAE, Australian Challenge CEI *** 200 km. (7th place).
2002 USA, USET Festival of Champions, New Jersey. Rider.
2002 UAE, Al Wathba Challenge CEI ** 100 km. (7th place).
2003 Australian FEI National Championship CEI *** 160 km. (10th place).
2003 New Zealand National Championship CEI *** 160 km. (12th place).
2003 AUS, Tom Quilty 100 miler, Canowindra. Rider.
2003 NSW State Championship 160km, Red Range. Rider.
2003 New Zealand, Waitomo CEI*** 160km. (4th placed)
2004 UAE, The President’s Cup, CEI*** 160km. Rider.
2004 New Zealand National Championship CEI*** 160km. (6th place)
2004 Appointed South Island Team member , winning the NZ National Challenge.
2004 Australian National FEI Championship. CEI***160km. (22nd place)
2005 World Endurance Championships, UAE. NEW ZEALAND TEAM RIDER.
2005 World Endurance Championships, UAE. NEW ZEALAND INDIVIDUAL RIDER.
2005 World Endurance Championships, UAE. Highest NZ combination place achieved. Fastest NZ combination ever achieved over 160km.
YEAR 2001 Update:
Resident Endurance Trainer – Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club (ADEC), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Trainer of National Day Cup 12th placed horse “Kelly MCL” ridden by Khalid Ali Saeed Al Jenaibi.
- Trainer/coach of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to qualified junior endurance rider (UAE).
- Trainer/coach of Sheikh Zahed bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan to qualified junior endurance rider (Germany).
- Trainer/rider of “Allura Park Star Minoan” in the 2nd Giants CEI Cat B. 120 km. Endurance ride to 2nd place. Owned by Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Trainer of “Allura Park Star Minoan” 1st home Al Wathba Giants Endurance Night ride 120 km. Ridden by Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Trainer of “Kelly MLC”. 14th place Egyptian Ride. Ridden by Adnan Sultan Al Nuaimi.
Endurance Trainer/Coach/Rider – ADEC team in Europe for summer of 2001.
Endurance Agent/Representative/Trainer/Rider – ADEC team in South Africa 2001.
Endurance Rider/Agent/Representative – ADEC in Namibia 2001.
Nominated Horse & Rider combination and New Zealand representative to the 2001 FEI/UAE World Cup Endurance CEI Cat. ‘A’ 130 km. in UAE.
Holly Farm Endurance Team in New Zealand. Two horses nominated for the 2001 FEI/UAE World Cup Endurance Ride.
Halter Show Trainer and Conditioning Advisor for Sharjah Royal Stables, Sharjah, UAE.
- Trained Sharjah Royal Stables team for Sharjah Show.
- Showed/handled for Sharjah Royal Stables to Reserve Champion Stallion, Sharjah Show.
YEAR 2002 update:
Resident Endurance Trainer – Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club (ADEC), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Trainer/Coach of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Trainer/Coach of Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Holly Farm Endurance Team, New Zealand.
- Qualified two horses for 2002 South Island Endurance Championships New Zealand.
- One horse competed CEI ** 100 km. and was successful.
- Qualified two horses for 2002 National Endurance Championships, New Zealand.
- Two horses competed CEI ** 100 km. and were successful.
Invited to ride the 2002 FEI/UAE World Cup Endurance ride by The Royal Stables.
2002 UAE, Al Wathba CEI ** 120 km rider for The Royal Stables. (7th place).
2002 HH The President of the UAE, Australian Challenge CEI *** 200 km. (7th place).
Travelled to USA as agent, representative of ADEC. Texas, Kansas, New Jersey, West Virginia, New York.
Attended last US teams selection for WEG 160 km. ride in Kansas.
Rode in the USET Festival of Champions, New Jersey, USA..
Halter Show Trainer and Conditioning Advisor for Sharjah Royal Stables, UAE.
- Trained Sharjah stables team for the Abu Dhabi and Sharjah Show.
- Showed/handled for Sharjah Royal Stables to win stallion class at Sharjah Show.
- Showed/handled/trained horses for Mohamed Abdulla Mohamed Al Zaabi for Abu Dhabi and Sharjah Show. (1st, 2nd and 2x3rd in Mare, Filly, Beautiful Head and Liberty).
YEAR 2003 (update).
Resident Endurance Manager – HH The President’s The Royal Stables, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Trainer/Coach of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, winner of the UAE National Day Children’s Cup.
- Trainer/Coach of Mahmood H. Saleh (Jordan), second place in UAE National Day Childrens Cup.
- Full details of The Royal Stables Endurance Team available.
- 18 open placings (9 top ten). 27 other successful qualifiers.
- Owner of J TAJ NZL placed 11th Dubai City Endurance Ride 120 km. CEI ** and 10th Emirates Challenge final round 120 km CEI **.
- Owner of EURALEA JOICO NZL, ready to run, successfully qualified in 40 and 80 km. rides this season.
- Owner of SIMEON SADIR, successfully qualified this season and used as part of The Royal Stables Endurance breeding program. Sired the first Embryo Transport foal from successful Endurance mare EPIRIX.
HOLLY FARM ENDURANCE TEAM,
NEW ZEALAND. 2003/04
- Open horse TRAASK NZL successful CEI *** 160 km. horse/rider combination for nomination to the 2004 World Championships.
- New horse THE BENTLEY NZL qualified to Open Endurance Horse Status.
- Winning South Island Team Member 2004 NZ National Endurance Championships
- Selected Horse/Rider combination for 2005 World Endurance Championship to represent New Zealand. TRAASK NZL
- Selected reserve list combination also qualified for 2005 World Endurance Championships. THE BENTLEY NZL
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. 2003/04
- Leased combination J TAJ NZL ridden by Irish rider Iona Rossley in 2003 UAE National Day Cup CEI** 120km.
- Rider combination J TAJ NZL in 2004 The President of the UAE Cup CEI*** 160km.
EQUINE RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Life of riding horses, Show Hacks, Endurance, Dressage, Harness, Costume etc.
Life of breeding horses using predominantly Egyptian/Crabbet/Russian bloodlines.
Professional Show trainer in New Zealand/Australia/USA/Qatar and UAE.
Breeder/Owner/Exhibitor/Trainer of numerous top awards throughout New Zealand, including New Zealand National, New Zealand Royal, Nth and Sth Island titles (Halter/Saddle/Harness and Endurance).
Involved with horses in Theatre, Music Video and TV commercials.
Equine Lecturer, predominantly on horsemanship, training and show preparation.
Professional horseman, including training, breaking, farrier work, show preparation and clipping.
Artificial Insemination fresh, transported and frozen semen.
Export/flight travel arrangements/attendance with Bloodstock in USA, New Zealand, Australia, UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Namibia and the UAE.
Understanding of Quarantine requirements, arrangements, procedures and implementation.
Professional International Endurance Owner/Manager/Trainer/Coach/Rider.
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE (excluding Endurance)
Training, conditioning, auction and sales, breeding and management, during twelve months in the United States of America with Ron Palalek of Vantage Point Farm and Stanley White Snr, of Granduer Arabians.
Attended many shows around the USA including: The Egyptian Event, US National Championships and Scottsdale.
In depth study of Arabian pedigrees and bloodlines internationally.
Visited breeding programs throughout the USA including: Gleannloch, Ansata, Imperial, Bentwood, Lasma, Ventura Farms, KAHO, Varian, Om El Arab and Gainey.
Attended the 1998 Salon de Cheval World Championships.
Visited Halston, Lodge Farm, Umm Qarn (UK) and Water Farm in England.
Visit Al Shaqab, Al Rayyan, Al Shahaniah, Umm Qarn in Qatar.
Visited Al Wathba Endurance Stables, The Royal Stables of Abu Dhabi, Royal Stables of Sharjah, Endurance Stables of Ras Al Khaimah, Aweer Stables, Desert Stud, Zabeel etc. in the United Arab Emirates.
Visited Marbach and Dr. Nagel’s breeding programs in Germany.
Visited numerous Stud and Training programs throughout South Africa and Namibia.
Professional Handler of Arabian Horses at the Australian Championships, Queensland Challenge and the East Coast Championships covering Stallion, Mare, Colt, Filly, Gelding, derivative led as well as Arabian Native Costume.
Judging appointments throughout Australia. ‘A’ class shows in NSW, Victoria, Western Australia and Tasmania including East Coast Championships, various State Championships, Futurities, Gold Medal Sweepstakes and judged at Australia’s first show to implement the European Judging system. Latest appointment was the 2011 NSW State Titles, Australia.
Visited almost all major breeding programs throughout Australia.
Professional Halter Trainer of Arabian Horses (NZ, Australia, USA and UAE.)
Catch lead presenter at the 2000 Qatar Festival of the Horse for Saudi Arabia.
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS HELD:
World Arabian Horse Organisation Life Member.
New Zealand Equestian Federation.
New Zealand Arab Horse Breeders Society Inc.
Arabian Horse Society of Australia.
Emirates Arabian Horse Society.
South African Arabian Horse Society.
Endurance New Zealand.
Canterbury Arabian Horse Club.
Canterbury Endurance and Trail Riders Club.
UAE Licensed Endurance Rider.
UAE Licensed Endurance Trainer.
FEI International CEI*** Endurance Judge.
FEI Steward for UAE Equestrian & Racing Federation.
Registered Official for Emirates Racing Federation.
Life Member Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association.
Life Member Canterbury Arabian Horse Club